Warm, friendly manner and extreme compassion
Employers are required to follow the ACAS Code of Practice (ACAS Code) in grievance procedures where you raise a concern about work. If an employer fails to adhere to the ACAS code an Employment Tribunal has the power to increase the compensation awarded in the event of a successful claim by up to a further 25%.
How should grievances be handled?
- Your grievance should be raised in writing
- The business should hold a meeting with you and investigate the complaint
- You can bring a companion to the meetings
- The employer should notify you in writing of the outcome
- You have a right of appeal
We can assist further with how to raise and pursue your grievance effectively. If that is not possible then we will discuss with you your other options, including negotiating a settlement or bringing a Tribunal claim.
If you would like further information, please contact Simona Hamblet at our Farnborough office or Mel McCrum at our Ash Vale office.
If you would like further information, please contact Reena Sharma or Stacey Edgley at our Farnborough office or Mel McCrum at our Ash Vale office. They are all members of the Employment Lawyers Association.