Thank you for looking at our Debt Recovery services. Debts can arise in all walks of life and we regularly advise and assist businesses and individuals alike.
The bulk of our debt recovery instructions come from businesses across various sectors. With many years of experience and strong expertise in litigation both in and out of court, our debt recovery service is fast, efficient and economical.
We have experienced solicitors who can assist you with recovering both disputed and undisputed debts. This page covers our pricing for undisputed debt recovery – please get in touch to find out more about our fee structure for pursuing disputed debts.
We can offer you clear, practical advice and will discuss all the options available to establish the most appropriate way of dealing with debtors. We have tried and tested processes in place to ensure we can recover undisputed debts quickly, efficiently and cost-effectively, with transparent fixed fees.
We appreciate that the fees involved in debt recovery are important to you. We review our fees on a regular basis, considering client’s feedback, to ensure we continue to offer a cost-effective debt recovery service.
We typically work on a fixed fee basis, so that from the outset you know what the fees will be for your transaction. These costs apply for unpaid and undisputed payment of invoice(s). If during the debt recovery process, the matter becomes disputed or enforcement action is required, we will discuss the change in fees with you and agree a way forward.
Our Fee (incl. VAT)
Up to £3,000
£5,001 - £10,000
£10,001 - £50,000
4.5% value of claim
£930 - £2730
4.5% value of claim
1% value of claim
In respect of our fixed fees please note:
- that the VAT element of our fees cannot be reclaimed from your debtor if they are VAT registered
- It is assumed claims will be issued using Money Claim Online
- You can claim interest and we will advise you of the applicable rates
- For debts of £10,000 or less, you can only recover limited, fixed costs (and we will advise you of the applicable rates)
- For debts exceeding £10,000, you may also be able to recover your costs (on top of the debt) from the debtor, but please ask for our advice on this
- The costs of enforcement action such as instructing a court enforcement officer (formerly known as a bailiff) to collect your debt are not included.
Our fees are fixed and include items detailed above However there may be factors which would typically increase the cost of the fees. Where there is likely to be any additional cost, we will make sure you are informed of this at the earliest opportunity and a clear estimate of those extra costs will be provided.
Factors that may lead to an increase in cost include enforcement proceedings or instructing a court enforcement officer (formerly known as a bailiff).
A typical debt recovery will take between 2 and 8 weeks, from instruction through to payment from the debtor. This may be quicker or longer depending on whether we are required to issue a claim in court and whether the debtor pays promptly on receipt of a letter before action or any Judgment issued by a court. As detailed above, if enforcement action is required, matters will take longer and we will discuss the fees and timescales involved.
Every debt recovery claim has key milestones, which may vary according to individual circumstances. Our fee will include these milestones and may be as follows:
- Taking your instructions and reviewing documentation
- Undertaking appropriate searches
- Issuing a letter before action requesting payment from the debtor
- Receiving payment and sending this on to you
- Drafting and issuing a claim form to the relevant court if the debt is not paid
- Applying to the court to enter a Judgment in Default if the debtor fails to respond to court proceedings
- Contacting the other side to request payment where a Judgment in Default has been issued by the court